Author Kenton Long
America was founded on Judeo-Christian values. That does not mean America is a Judeo-Christian nation. We are a nation of all faiths, and no faiths. We are a nation of believers, and sceptics, and non-believers. We are free as individuals to worship as we please, or not at all, public and private.
Here are a few Judeo-Christian values:
- There is only one God.
- God is good, all powerful, perfect love, and merciful.
- God created heaven and the universe.
- God is constant, unchanging.
- God created man and woman in His image.
- All God’s creation has value.
- God values man and woman above all His creations.
- The Jews are chosen by God for a divine purpose.
- God reveals Himself when and where He wishes.
- God is greater than evil.
- God allows evil to exist in our world.
- Good and evil are knowable, identifiable.
- Good should be embraced, evil rejected.
- We were created to glorify Him, though He does not need our glorification.
- The Ten Commandments are for our benefit, not God’s.
- God gave us free will, instincts, reason, and unalienable rights.
- Among our unalienable rights are life, liberty, and property.
- No individual has the right to infringe on the rights of others.
- I am at liberty to believe in God, or reject Him.
- All men and women are God’s children, created equal.
- Rule of law.
- The government shall rule by consent of the people.
- Man’s nature is fallen, sinful, constant, predictable.
- Adults accept responsibility for their decisions.
- Virtue and character matter.
- Without a moral compass, a free people cannot stand.
- God has a plan for each of us and His world.
Make no mistake; this nation was founded on Judeo-Christian values. And these values are not shared universally. We Constitutional Conservatives intend to keep our Founding values.
If those values disagree with you violently, perhaps you will be happier if you voluntarily move to a different country.
If you want to stay and make America a better place, then stay.
If you want to make America a different place, then go. Just leave. And don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Someone had to say it.